If you are based in Queensland and need app development services, the good news is grants are now available to assist you fund your project. The Queensland Small Business Digital Grants Program round 4 will soon be open to assist small businesses with the costs involved in purchasing digital technologies and software services for their Queensland business.
How much funding could I get?
Successful applicants will receive matched funding of up to $10,000 (ex GST) to use in hardware, software (including app development and design, websites) and digital services (consultancy, coaching).
How do I know if I am eligible?
To be eligible your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST;
- be based in Queensland;
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year; and
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
Which services can I choose?
If you are looking at getting an app built, you will need either Brisbane or Gold Coast app development and app design services which qualify as digital technologies and services. After a 1 hour free consultation with the EnvisageApps team, we will provide you with the reason for choosing each service (the proof you’ll need to use in your application) using the following assessment criteria. The Queensland Government will prioritise applications based on;
- the impact the digital service will have on your business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes);
- the extent to which the digital service will enhance the digital capabilities of your business to make the business more competitive;
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth; and
- value for money.
How do I apply?
Round 3 closed last 24 October 2017 at 5pm. We suggest you get in early and subscribe to the Advancing Queensland Small Business newsletter to be notified when the 2018 round 4 will open.
Remember: All Queensland Small Businesses can apply, provided your business matches the above criteria and you can show how the digital service you choose will enhance your business’ digital capabilities to help you be more competitive and even take on more staff. For more information visit the Queensland Government website or get in touch so we can assist you.