Government grants are excellent funding opportunities for any business big or small. The Ignite Ideas Fund round 10 2023 is now open to Queensland-based small to medium businesses looking to commercialise highly innovative and new products or services that are at minimum viable product stage or beyond.
How much funding could I get?
Up to $100,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 12 months duration.
Greater than $100,000 and up to $200,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 24 months duration.
For Round 10, successful applicants will be eligible for additional business development support through our new Ignite+ program. This program will provide support across sales and marketing, customer acquisition, competitor analysis, intellectual property (IP)/legal support, financial structure, connections to mentors and sponsors, and access and introductions to business and investment networks.
How do I know if I am eligible?
To be eligible your business must:
- be a business headquartered in Queensland
- have no more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees
- not have received funding for the proposed project activity from either the State, Federal or Local Government
- be registered for GST (at time of full application submission).
If applying for tier 1, the applicant organisation and/or related parties must:
- not have received an Ignite Ideas Fund grant previously
- make a cash contribution to the project that is at least equal to 20% of the value of funding sought.
If applying for tier 2, the applicant organisation and/or related parties must:
- not have received an Ignite Ideas Fund tier 2 grant previously
- not be applying for a product or service that has previously received Ignite Ideas funding
- have successfully completed any project funded under tier 1 of the Ignite Ideas Fund (if relevant)
- make a cash contribution to the project that is at least equal to the amount of funding sought
How do I apply?
Round 10 is now open and will close at 10.00am on Monday 27 March 2023. The application system will automatically close at 10.00am sharp. Any open applications will not be able to be submitted after 10.00am. Late applications will not be accepted.
Remember: Any Queensland-based small to medium business can apply, provided your business matches the above criteria. For more information visit the Advance Queensland website or get in touch so we can assist you.